WHO ARE WE
PERSONAL DATA & CONSENT
“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number or email) as a natural person. We request from all guests when making a hotel reservation data such as first and last name, title, phone number, address, passport number, date of birth, nationality, booking periods, email address. These personal data are then stored within the JHL guest database.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Before the personal data are being collected we ask each guest, online or offline to give their consent and accept our terms and conditions. This consent is given voluntarily and may be revoked at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that your information will remain stored within JHL and JHSCL database but will no longer be processed or used.
We may collect your personal data on different occasions:
- when you book a room online;
- when you purchase a gift card or a voucher, during check-in;
- when you eat or drink at one of the hotel restaurant during a stay;
- when you send a request or a review online via one of the contact forms on our website;
- when you sign-up for one of our marketing or loyalty programmes;
- when you submit a Guest Satisfaction Survey (GSS);
- when you participate in activities within our hotel premises;
- when you subscribe to our newsletters in order to receive offers and promotions via email; or
- when you book a Spa treatment and any other services that we provide.
We may also receive your personal information from third parties such as tour operators, travel agencies, Online travel agents and marketing partners.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
We collect personal information first and foremost to meeting our obligations to you, our customers. These, if you have given your consent, can be used to broadcast the latest promotions, news and events about our products and services.
DATA ACCESS & 3RD PARTY
We may share your personal information within our organization and with third-party service providers to better serve your needs. However, we ensure that access is restricted and in the case of 3rd party provider that they protect your personal information in compliance with the relevant regulation authority.
SECURITY & DATA PROTECTION
We protect your personal information using various technical and administrative security measures to minimize the risks of unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration or destruction. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our servers, and information access authorization controls. These measures are frequently reviewed by our IT services to achieve the highest security standards.
You may occasionally receive emails or mobile messaging from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared his/her consent for receiving information in the future, or (b) you have registered to one of our marketing or loyalty programme giving your consent to receive communication from us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com for review.
- Optimize the presentation of our website and how it is displayed on your device (display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits depending on the hardware and software used on your browsing device;
- Allow the User to access reserved and personal places on our website, such as his personal account;
- Remember information related to a form that you have completed on our website (access to your account / and your subscription);
- Establish statistics and volumes of use and use of our websites;
- Implement security measures, for example when the user is asked to log in after a certain amount of time;
- Adapt the advertising content to the interests of the users resulting from the data of his navigation. It allows to serve more relevant and targeted ads.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You are free to block, delete, or disable Cookies from the internet browser you use. Be aware that restricting your cookie setting may change your browsing experience our websites.
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are saved in your device or, conversely, they are rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer. If you decline the registration of cookies in your device, or if you delete those that are saved there, you will not be able to benefit from a certain number of functionalities which are necessary to navigate in certain area of our website.
For instance, it could cause issues when you try to access your account or your subscription which require to identify your device. This would also be the case when we, or our service providers, could not recognize, for technical compatibility, the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings, or the country from which your device appears to be connected to the Internet.
We decline all responsibility for the consequences related to these issues resulting from the impossibility for us to register or to consult the cookies necessary for their operation and which you would have refused or removed.